Relocating to Houston? Give us a call to work with a 5-star experienced Relocation Team!
The Deveau Realty Team at Compass combines the best of both worlds – one member is a native Houstonian who has lived in Houston for almost four decades, and the other member relocated to Houston after college, and has a deep appreciation for the challenges that one is faced with moving to a new city. As such, we are able to provide our clients with in-depth knowledge regarding the city while also empathizing with the fear and reservations that come with moving to a new place where you may know very little about the city you are about to call home.
We are able to educate buyers on the pros and cons of different neighborhoods, home pricing trends, public parks, running trails, school districts and more. If you are foodie and are looking to be in a walkable area with great restaurants and shops we have multiple options to recommend. We have become expert match-makers, finding the right home for each buyer. We are more than just Realtors – we are city guides, real estate experts and your trusted home advisors. Whether you desire a house, a townhome or a condo, we have helped clients across all property types and areas of Houston.
We have worked with multiple clients relocating with Fortune 100 companies who receive a relocation package and have to coordinate through a relocation company such as Cartus and Aires. While these relocation companies may provide you with a short list of agents to choose from, you are permitted to select an agent of your choice. It generally just entails the broker agreeing to sign off on supplemental relocation company documents. As agents with Compass, Houston’s #1 brokerage in terms of sales volume, our process for approval is simple and has always been accepted by the relocation company of our clients.
We know that with moving to a new city there are so many questions that you may have, and what is great about working us is that we treat you like friends and take the time to educate you on your options.
Our Recent Success Stories
- Represented our clients with purchasing an incomplete new construction home, being able to offer them guidance on the area and neighborhood as they had limited time in the city prior to going under contract.
- Represented our clients who were relocating to Houston and negotiated a $640k contract for $59k below the original list price.
- Represented expats returning from Europe who had limited time to find a home. Helped them negotiate a contract for more than $150k lower than original list price.
For Sellers who are relocating away from Houston – work with a team that takes care of the sales process so you can focus on what matters most to you!
2020 has been the year for relocations as people have reassessed what is important to them in terms of career and where they want to live. With many O&G companies offering retirement and voluntary severance packages, a significant number of people have decided to pursue life beyond Houston and have chosen the Deveau Realty Team to partner with them in the sale of their home.
Our Recent Success Stories
- Sellers retiring and relocating to Florida. Sold $1.2M home in 18 days at 98.3% of list price. Negotiated a favorable lease-back as our Clients wanted to make sure the deal had funded before they started packing and moving across the country.
- Seller retiring and moving to beach house. We interviewed for this listing against 6 other agents. Based on our knowledge of the market our transparent marketing timeline and sales plan we were selected to be the listing agent. We utilized both a professional stager and contractor to get the home make-ready and had great initial marketing, including even having the home featured in the Houston Chronicle. We had 50+ people attend two open houses and received multiple offers with an offer over list price at one of the highest price per square foot rates in the neighborhood within the first two weeks of listing the home.
- Sellers moving out of state to be closer to family. Sold $650k home at 98% of list price. We had both a professional stager and remodeling contractor walk through the house to identify what should be done to make the home picture-perfect. Despite challenges of having no garage and being next door to a non-residential property, we were able to highlight the benefits of the home (i.e. close to a running trail, zoned to a top elementary school) resulting in a great all-cash offer.
- Sellers relocating out of state for career change. Due to the urgency to relocate they practically gave us the keys and moved out. We coordinated with the packers, stager, cleaners, etc. to get the home ready to list and hade it under contract for $500K+ within 3 days at 98% of list price.
- Sellers moving into an RV and traveling the country. We listed their house and had it under contract within 6 days, which was important given our clients had already left the state. We sold it for 100% of list price.